Monday, November 3, 2014

"I always wonder if a black cat is a person under a spell"‏

Yokwe!

You know you've been in Washington too long when someone says "you'll never become a good mariner by sailing calm water" and your first thought is "what does water have to do with the baseball team?" #fail

And then if that wasn't bad enough I saw a license plate frame this week that said "and on the 12th day, God created the seahawks"

Oh seattle, you kill me.

A miracle:
We met with our bishop last Tuesday and got a name of a family whose records moved into our ward but bishop wanted verification that they were actually there. We went there Wednesday morning and found out that they weren't actually there, but as we talked to the guy there he told us that he was catholic, but didn't feel like he ever got his questions answered there. He started going to a christian church with his wife and felt like he got more of the questions answered, but still not all of them. He also said we could come back and teach his family and see if they can finally get all of their questions answered. Miracles!

Halloween was great! We had a lot of fun, and saw a lot of miracles as well. Our ward had a halloween party which consisted of a chili cook-off, so. much. food., trick-or treating, carnival games, and a MIRACLE!!!
Our goal for this week was to really push the Halloween party with the members here--since it's the greatest and easiest missionary opportunity. I relearned a powerful lesson this week as we did that: less-actives are not exempt from doing missionary work even a little bit.

A less-active family ended up inviting their neighbor to the party on Halloween. It was a miracle they came in and of itself, but the neighbor that they invited is one of the most prepared people I've ever met. She went to church from age 5-15, but never got baptized. One of her parents and two of her siblings are members (less-active now), and she told me that she absolutely loves the church. Bye the end of the night, she asked us when we could come over and talk to her and her family!!

Fact: I've really grown to hate cats on my mission. And they love me. We were in a lesson with a less-active member and her cat kept bugging me so when she turned her head I gave her cat a light tap/push to get it away from me. Sister Sonasi will say that I punched it, but it was more of a backhand swat because my fist wasn't technically closed.
. . . I feel bad that I don't feel bad about it. #sorrynotsorry?

A dog also peed on me this week. Let's just say with this wasn't my favorite week where animals were involved.

On a logistical note, next pday will be on the 12th for us because Elder Hamula of the seventy is coming to our mission.

I gotta run, have an awesome week!

Sister VerHoef

No comments:

Post a Comment