Monday, September 8, 2014

Another email from your favorite missionary‏

Jordyn's weekly e-mail 
September 8, 2014
Serving in Kent, Washington
Companion: Sister Keele 

I feel like I just sent an email less than a week ago . . . oh wait. 

Man, the weeks sure do fly by. 
Well, here's the happs of my week here up in Kent:
-I had someone ask me if the scars on my knees are from surgery . . . I wish I could draw what her face looked like when I told her they were from me serving in a YSA branch and skinning them on the gym floor. It was something like this :O
-While on exchanges we talked to some drunk guys. I feel like because we survived our conversation with them we were blessed with a family to talk to right after. God is good. 
-Also while on exchanges we had dinner with some members here and they told us that their daughter got a Ken doll recently. They had always taught her that she could never have any boys in her room so the first night Ken slept on her dad's nightstand until he and Barbie were married the next day (in the temple). And now he's free to sleep in the barbie house. Ken and Barbie now have a child on the way. Brilliant way to teach about chastity to young children? I think yes. 
-I've been thinking a lot about the Book of Mormon this week; how much I love it, what it's done for me, and what I've seen it do in other people's lives. I asked our investigator how she is different because she's been reading it the past few weeks and she told us that she is cussing less, she's more motivated to do things, and she's able to go out and go to appointments by herself (she has really bad agoraphobia). Which is AMAZING!!! Sister Keele told me that I've only seen about half of the change in her since I've been in Kent, and I've seen a lot. I love that book! It really does work miracles! Everybody read it! 
-We finally got in contact with someone who said they wanted to be baptized like 3 months ago . . . pray that we'll stay in contact with Nicole
-A less-active family that we've been working with since I got here came to church on Sunday, and the dad even went up and shared his testimony! Miracles happen!
-Everybody lied when they told me Washington never stops raining. I don't even remember the last time I saw rain and today is the first overcast day we've had in weeks. 

That's about all I can think of! Sorry it's pretty lame, my pdays keep getting crazier and crazier the longer I'm out. I hope you all have an awesome week and see awesome miracles!
peace!
s. verhoef

No comments:

Post a Comment