Monday, March 24, 2014

Jesus is_____?


Jordyn's weekly e-mail 
March 24, 2014 
Serving in Federal Way 
Korean Branch
Companion: Sister Choi  


So this week I thought I'd be a super cool American and tell Sister Choi in Korean that I know the Book of Mormon is true. I turned to her and went, "Hey! Guess what!" "What?" Then I told her (I have no idea how to type in Korean). She was quiet for a second, gave me a funny look, and then went "You're a Book of Mormon??"

. . .so close

But this week was pretty good, nothing terribly exciting happened, but nothing horrible happened either. Which I guess is technically good? We did get a lot of my least favorite phrase on my mission: "I'm sick." Doesn't matter who says it. Investigator? can't teach em. Member? can't use em. Companion? can't go out and work. There are only two words I hate more than "i'm sick." "transfer calls." but that's another story for another day. (speaking of which they're coming on sunday so i'll be emailing on tuesday next week)

President and Sister Eaton came to our branch yesterday and spoke. It was really great! I always love listening to them. Sister Eaton talked about how we can come unto Christ by sharing the gospel and pointed out something cool in D&C 4:4. The scripture says "For behold the field is white already to harvest: and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;"
 You would think that it would say "he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that [his convert] perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his [converts] soul," but it doesn't. There's something about sharing the gospel that sanctifies us, and brings salvation to us.

And president talked about his favorite phrase in the bible which is found in John 1:12 that Christ gave them "power to become." There are some people (me) who think it would be a miracle for them to open their mouth and talk to someone about the gospel and that's probably right. But that's the exact miracle Christ can give us, and give us power to become whatever we need to. even a missionary.


Sorry my email is so lame this week, we've got a million things to do today because it's sister choi's last week. hope everyone's doing well! love ya!

Sister VerHoef


*all creative credit for this picture goes to sister choi*

No comments:

Post a Comment