Monday, February 3, 2014

So I hear the Seahawks won some big game yesterday??

Jordyn’s weekly email 
February 3, 2014 
Serving in Federal Way, Washington 
Korean Branch 
Companion: Sister Choi 


Yesterday we were going to visit someone around 4:45 but they weren't home. Right as we were walking back to our car the whole neighborhood started roaring and screaming and "woo"ing (coughsisterdudek) all at the same time. It was hilarious! I've never seen Washington so united in a cause. I could see people through the windows in their house (no, missionaries are not creepy-everyone here just has big windows with no curtains) high-fiving and jumping up and down, and we knew the moment the game was over, because we were at a members house (we weren't watching, promise!) and from their back porch we could see blue and green fireworks going off over the Sound. It was super pretty! I was glad they won just so I could see the fireworks :) 
I know I've become a lame missionary though, because my first thought when the people were cheering was "man! if only people were that excited about the gospel!" Wouldn't that be awesome?? What if everyone cheered because they got to go to church every sunday, and when a baptism happened or someone went to the temple we all set off fireworks because we were so excited? 

This world would be awesome.

Other than that this week was about the same as all the others here. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty tough coming up with entertaining emails while serving here because we basically do the same thing day in and day out. Study, drive, have a lesson in Korean so I can't tell what happened, drive, eat, drive, have another lesson/eat, drive, teach/eat, stop by a member/have them feed us, I think you get the picture. People never stop feeding us here. 

But it's been fun. I've learned a lot about Korea, myself, and Heavenly Father. 

I actually do have one cool story though. So we have a recent convert named Monica who we're teaching english to along with one of her friends. She was just recently called as a primary pianist and is super worried about it, so while Sister Choi teaches her friend at the kitchen table, I help Monica with the primary songs that she needs to work on. On Wednesday we were sitting at the piano, and ended up singing primary songs together. It was such a sweet moment and testimony builder for me. The truths in those songs are exactly what I teach everyday. That I am a child of God. Families can be together forever. The priesthood is restored. Faith is like a little seed. I love the gospel. There really is something for everyone. 

I love you all! Hope you have an amazing week!


Love,
Sister VerHoef

No comments:

Post a Comment