Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I think I may go into a panic attack knowing that my mission is half over!!

Jordyn's weekly e-mail 
February 18, 2014 
Serving in Federal Way, Washington
Korean Branch
Companion: Sister Choi 


This will probably come as a surprise to no one, but just to clear the elephant in the room, I'm staying in Mt. Rainier! Woo! So Sister Choi's gonna finish her mission in just six short weeks, and then I'll be off to new adventures (or back in ridgecrest). 

Wednesday we went down to Puyallup and said bye to Jun. He left back to Korea on Friday, which we were super bummed out about. Even though I didn't know him for a long time, that little 11 year-old sure cracked me up when we saw him. He also loved to shoot me with a lego things during dinners, so it'll be interesting when we go back to the Cho's and I'm not being shot at. 
Jun's Baptism January 2014 

I got fed the nastiest thing this week! It looked like chocolate cake at first, but found out that it wasn't quite chocolate cake. It was Sundae (soon-day). aka blood sausage. also aka, the nastiest thing i've ever eaten in my life. So that inspired me to make a list of all the weird foods I've gotten in the Korean branch this transfer. In no particular order, I give you,

-Sundae (blood sausage)
-Neng myun: a cold noodle soup with gray water and hard boiled eggs in it
-kim chi
-korean sushi
-curry (not korean, but it was still nasty)
-collard greens on an english muffin (again, not korean but still nasty)
-kim chi soup
-seaweed
-seaweed crackers
-rice cake
-rice cake soup
-kim chi rice and seaweed

Everyone pray that I'm only here for one more transfer. I don't know if my taste buds can handle any more kim chi and seaweed. I also get fed lots of spaghetti too though, some members have a little bit of pity for the poor American in the branch :)

Saturday we drove down to Bonney Lake for a baptism. His name is Chris and Sister Choi taught him for a while. After the baptism we drove up to see someone in Seattle and got stuck in Seattle traffic for like an hour. So I had a nice little view of the Space Needle :) our ward had a party on Mercer Island after that and the Seattle mission president, President Choi came! It was crazy to meet another mission president, but he and his wife are super sweet. 
Rainy day to see the Space Needle 

Let's see, what else. It rained a lot this week . . . ha ha, that's probably a shock to no one. I like it though, I've become a pretty good puddle dodger in my time out here. 
Sister VerHoef got a Smoothie & a Box of Chocolate's 

Sister Choi & Sister VerHoef with their box of Chocolate's 


To finish off, and in honor of Valentine's day,  I saw a quote on some Methodist church that we drove by in Federal Way somewhere. "The first duty of love is to listen." Isn't that great? Hope you all have an awesome week! 

Love, 
Sister VerHoef


















The following pictures are with Sister VerHoef's district.  

There is a story behind this, but it won't be funny over email.
so I will be sure to tell it when I get home. 
fr. lf to rt Sis Choi, Sister VerHoef, Elder Eliason, Elder Holmes {DL}
Elder Ball, & Elder Dold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment