Friday, October 18, 2013

Happy Five Months To Me!!

Jordyn's weekly e-mail 
October 15, 2013
Serving in Puyallup, Washington 
Companion: Sister Dudek


So I forgot to write last week that transfer calls were gonna be coming on Sunday night. 

True to my past, I will be staying in Ridgecrest for another six weeks :) Which is awesome, I love it here, and apparently there's someone that I need to find before I leave. Next transfer is November 26, so I'll keep ya'll posted. 

Even though I'm not getting transferred, I did leave my area this week for the first time! We went on exchanges with some sisters and I went out to the Elk Plain ward for a day. It was honestly really weird to not be in my area, but it was fun to see somewhere besides Puyallup. It felt even better to come back to my area, so it'll definitely be interesting when I actually leave my area for good. 

Oh, news with Althea, that's right. Sister Dudek and Sister Hills went over last Tuesday while we
were on exchanges, and I guess her uncle died and she took off for Arizona and will hopefully call us when she gets back so we can get her baptized! :)


We had zone meeting this last week which was awesome as always. We talked about how important the apostasy is, and how we can teach it more powerfully as missionaries. Once you set the bleak stage that is the apostasy, the restoration is more powerful, and the people see why it was necessary. Then we go into questions like "So what does that mean?" "What would you be willing to do to know that God and Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in 1820?" "We know that it is true, we know that you can find out that it is true, and once you know these things are true will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" It's awesome! I can already feel my teaching improving, and it was so fun to go over the Restoration again because it's my favorite lesson to teach.  













Sunday was also really weird! I had a dream that I was done with my mission and getting ready to come home which really freaked me out, so when I woke up I was really excited to be on my mission still :) But then we went to church and sacrament meeting was someone's homecoming! So that threw me off, and then in sunday school our class kept giving Sister Dudek and me marriage advice, which freaked us both out. 

Sorry this letter is so scatterbrained and short, we're working on getting more exciting stories and more importantly, investigators. But I hope everyone has a good week, and go out and invite someone to learn about the restored gospel! It's all about your invitation--not the answer that you get.

Love,
Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment